Sunday, February 08, 2015

9.8 Love - Floss

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eighth day of each month is "Love."
****************************
I made an offhand comment that I needed floss with an even more flippant comment that I'd probably have to use some of Dr. BB's when I ran out until we could do our weekly trip to the store. It's possible, even probable, that I made a face when I mentioned using his floss.  We have different dental needs, different flosses, different toothpastes, and different taste buds. 

When I came home from work, exhausted and flustered, ready to be done with the day, I opened my bathroom drawer to put away my contacts and found this.
He had walked to the pharmacy during his lunch break and bought me my floss. He didn't have to ask what brand, what flavor, or what type.  He just bought it, said nothing, and put it away.

That is love.  

It's not the easiest time of it around here. State politics seem to be all we can think about, I'm working about sixty hours a week, and the news coming from our weekly phone call from the in-laws is dire.

But it's going to be okay.  Because my husband bought me floss.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment