Wednesday, February 04, 2015

9.4 Place - Winter Wonderland

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
I complained yesterday about the weather and I was about ten miles out of town when I pulled over and called off my appointment.  About four inches came down in about four hours and it made visibility kind of tricky.  But it's not me I don't trust driving in the snow; it's all the idiots who were tailgating me and fishtailing all over the curves who made me nervous yesterday evening. Anyway, I came home early, was able to have dinner with my husband, help him finish laundry, and then we bundled up and went for a "walk" out in the snow.  This really means we trudged through unshoveled sidewalks, threw snowballs at one another, and made one awesome snow angel.

I like that the ball from my winter hat gave her a tiny halo. It's a thing, you know.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the angel survived the plows/snow blowers/shovels that did their work between nine o'clock last night and two o'clock this afternoon when I took this.
And then I bundled myself up again this afternoon and went for delightful romp through the snow. If anyone asks, the snow is the best thing about February.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment