Monday, February 02, 2015

9.2 Animals - Cows

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the second day of each month is "Animals."
****************************
The thing about living in Wisconsin is that people in this state still think of it as Dairyland, despite the fact that California has outstripped Wisconsin in dairy production for decades and the family farm is an endangered species here.  I have been looking to find a picturesque family dairy farm to take a picture of, but I've found it be a bit challenging. Horses, I can find. When the weather is nice again (oh, someday), maybe I'll ride my bike around and get some pictures of horses in pastures.  But cows, cows aren't as easy to find as I sort of assumed they would be.
 Real cows, that is.
Statues of cows?  I see a lot of those.
I could keep going with my fake cows, but I'll stop for here. If anyone knows a quaint family dairy farm in Wisconsin where the owners wouldn't mind me wandering around taking photos, hook a girl up!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment