Tuesday, February 17, 2015

9.17 Bedtime - Productpalooza

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventeenth day of each month is "Bedtime."
****************************
The realization that you can no longer splash some water on your face, brush your teeth for thirty seconds, strip down to your underwear, and crawl into bed without serious repercussions the following day is a harsh one.  If I attempt to go to bed without properly cleansing and moisturizing my face, my face will be simultaneously oily and dry the next day. If I climb into bed in my underwear, it's possible that the next morning I will be a popsicle. 

So this is my current, mid-30s normal bedtime product list.
I use Opti-Free Express for my contacts. I actually have used this since I first got contacts, so it's not really new.

I use Dove Clinical Antiperspirant and Deodorant.  Yes, I kind of feel badly about using the antiperspirant, but this shit works. I put it on at night and it works for a full 24-hours. I love it.  If and when it stops working for me, I may consider going to just a deodorant, but I'm not giving in right now.

I use Simple Eye Make-Up Removal Pads. I hate myself for so much waste in packaging, but the truth is that I used to use Pond's cold cream to take off eye make-up and I would use twice as much toilet paper trying to get the grease off my face, so I think it's a draw.  Anyway, for YEARS I've been trying to figure out eye make-up remover and this stuff doesn't sting my eyes, doesn't smell like crap, and actually gets mascara off, so I use it.

I use Philosophy's Purity to then wash my face with a washcloth.  I hate how this stuff smells.  I seriously hate it. It reminds me of nursing homes and death. But it does seem to work without causing my skin to break out and I only smell it for a few minutes because then...

I put on CeraVe (I have the AM bottle with sunscreen for the morning, too) which totally covers up the awful Purity smell.  I also use whatever eye lotion is cheapest at Walgreen's or Target (in this case it's Aveeno) that you can apply without reaching your filthy fingers into a pot.

And then I brush my teeth, which is its own form of torture.  This adulthood is not all that fun.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    This is now my third attempt to post this comment... we'll see how it goes. My name is Heather Heasley. We have a mutual friend (she & I are very close) that you have known for years. I started following your blog through hers several years ago.

    I wanted to share a couple of things with you:

    1) Equate makes a great generic to Neutrogena's Oil Free Eye Makeup remover. I soak a cotton ball (not dripping wet but wet) and hold it down on my lashes (eyes closed) for about 30 seconds. My mascara wipes right off. It's $3.44/bottle and it lasts me about 8 or 9 months with daily use. Awesome stuff.

    2) I know from reading your blog that you are a fan of quality products. I also know from reading your blog that you are a believer and supporter of empowering women.

    I would like to introduce you to Younique. We're famous for that crazy 3D Fiberlash Mascara that everyone always talks about, but we're so much more than that. In addition to an incredible cosmetics line, we also have the best skin-care I've ever used. I would not say that if I didn't really believe it. I have the worst skin ever (oily and acne-prone since I was about 11.) I have tried EVERYTHING. My skin honestly looks the best that it ever has in my life after having used our entire skincare line. I do use all of it, too. I'm also in my mid-30's and am learning the importance of a good skin-care routine. It's a pain, right?! All of our products are naturally based. They are phthalate free, free of talc, parabens, and other carcinogens and toxins. They aren't "cheap," but the quality is exceptional and the packaging is generous so products last for a long time. Plus, no offensive smells to any of it. Everything is backed by our Love-It guarantee too. My guess is that you'll love what you try. If you don't though, you can return it for a full refund.

    If you're happy with your current skincare routine, that's fantastic. If you ever want to try something amazing though, please come find me online. I'm at www.eyelovethoselashes.com or on Facebook at Facebook.com/YouniqueHCH. Stop by and check us out sometime!

    Thanks for your time!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete