Tuesday, February 10, 2015

9.10 Work - Reading, Riting, and Rithmetic

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the tenth day of each month is "Work."
****************************
I'm going to teach my classes tomorrow on a wing and a prayer. I have only the most basic of outlines and I'm counting on the students to do their parts.   It's been a crazy week and I don't want to complain about how busy I am because part of the reason I'm busy is because I'm going out of town for fun things for two of the next three weekends, so it's my own fault, but nonetheless I'm running my own wheels off and that means class prep has been relegated to the thing I do after I've brushed my teeth at night.  So, good luck with that press tour simulation, class!

There's this little red building smack dab in the middle of campus. It is, obviously, a one-room schoolhouse that was dedicated in the late 1960s to the beginnings of public education in Wisconsin and the Normal School graduates who taught in buildings just like this all over the nation. Whenever I start getting overwhelmed (three classes! four tutoring students! a trip to the ER this morning!) I just consider what it would be like to have students of all ages and abilities and no way to separate them and remind myself that my gig is not that bad.
Plus, I get to romanticize early American history every day on my way to class. Who doesn't love that?
****************************
 To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment