Monday, January 19, 2015

8.19 My Best Friend - She Should Move Here, Right?

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
My husband and took a walk over the unusually warm weekend (forty degrees!) and had our regular "do we stay here in Nowhere, Wisconsin or go on the job market again and if we stay here, should we live in Nowhere or one of the major metropolitan areas an hour in either direction?" talk.  In the end, what we agree on is that going on the academic job market is not appealing, but socially our lives are going nowhere.  I actually started tearing up as I mentioned how much I miss volunteering and being useful in our community.
And in the end, what it boiled down to is that I think Bestest Friend should move here. Because I'm sick of having no friends here.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

2 comments:

  1. Okay! Can you imagine how annoyed BB would be after a week or two?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Move to a metro and commute to work. It has worked well for Jonneke in OR.

    ReplyDelete