Thursday, January 15, 2015

8.15 Inertia - Lucky Us

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifteenth day of each month is "Inertia."
****************************
I started this book and I read the first 100 pages and thought it wasn't so bad for historical fiction. I sometimes find historical fiction to be stilted and forced, but this wasn't bad. And then I started doing something else and never picked it up again and now it's sitting on the table in the living room, just mocking me. It's due at the library on Monday and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to finish it.  I just can't be motivated to do so. I'll never figure out why there's a zebra standing on a line balancing on a tightrope on the cover. 
So, I'm very sorry, Amy Bloom. I'll tell everyone I know that your book had a promising beginning, but that I just couldn't hack it.  Maybe I'll try again sometime.  Or maybe I'll renew it online right now.  I'll keep you updated, Ms Bloom.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment