Monday, December 15, 2014

7.15 Inertia - The Waiting is the Hardest Part

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifteenth day of each month is "Inertia."
****************************
Why is my cat posing like a goofball in a pile of boxes? Well, it's because I exerted all of my efforts in obtaining presents, wrapping material, and boxes and now I can't really muster the energy to do anything about this mess in my office. Anybody want to come wrap it all up for me? 
I had my first final exam of finals week today. There were no strident voices of complaint that it was too hard, so I'm actually mildly concerned that it was too easy.

Today in "it's hard to be an adult" news, my hosiery really let me down today. At first I was wearing some black fishnets, but the adhesive was leaving a red welt on my legs, so I went home and changed into some black hose, but by the time I got out of the exam, there was a giant hole in them on the back of my left knee. As I left my office, I kept trying to hide the hole because there is nothing trashier or tackier than giant holes in nylons.

For our Christmas song today, I'm going to go with Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kristy MacColl, for no other reason that once it was introduced to me by the good folks at Pop Culture Happy Hour, I listened to it nonstop for three days.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment