Tuesday, December 23, 2014

7.23 Writing - Gift Giving

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-third day of each month is "Writing."
****************************
For the last three years, I have received my sister-in-law in the Christmas draw despite all probabilistic odds against that happening.  Here's what I know about her: she has four kids, she eats a lot of junk food, her house is a mess, and she grew up on a farm, but never wants to talk about it.   Two years ago I got her a box set of body butters from The Body Shop, last year I got her a custom photo ornament with pictures of her kids on it, and this year I got her a set of four personalized mugs with some fancy marshmallows.  I like to think that I'm thoughtful about gift giving even when I don't know someone very well.

But my nieces. Ugh. We got the five-year old and eight-year old girls in the draw this year. I just didn't know what to do.  The five-year old is physically unable to do a lot of things, the eight-year is spoiled rotten, and I just can't be the aunt who buys plastic princess crap.  So each of them got a scratch art set and a Crayola art case.  I feel like the awful aunt who just buys anything without much thought, but both items have five stars on Amazon and both girls like to color, so I'm giving it a shot.
There's writing on that tag.
I'm really hoping one of them asks me to color with her on Wednesday.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment