Saturday, November 01, 2014

6.1 Detour - Roadtrippin'

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
We're in Iowa for the weekend. We saw lots of this one the way here. Dried out corn and beautiful stands of trees in reds and golds.
Also, there was snow. But I don't want to talk about that. Look how clear the sky is!

Along the way, we learned some things about our car. There has been a short in the electrical system for a few months that makes the radio/ipod player short out for a few minutes at a time. The guy at the dealership told me it would cost hundreds of dollars just to diagnose the problem. I decided it wasn't that big of a deal since the radio would eventually come back on. Well, now I would absolutely be willing to pay that $200 to figure it out because driving through Illinois and Iowa with no sound other than my husband muttering at Illinois drivers (seriously, they are the WORST! learn to use a fucking turn signal!) has forced me to realize that my thoughts are vapid and uninteresting and I would much rather be listening to Lucero.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment