Monday, October 06, 2014

5.6 Sky - In Other News

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixth day of each month is "Sky."
****************************
The wind is bringing in chilly fall temperatures. I dug out my fall hat from the back of the closet, threw the scarves in the dryer to freshen up, and eyed my shoe collection balefully, knowing that for the second year in a row, I do not have appropriate footwear for fall.

Roadside stands are no longer touting their tomatoes, zucchini, and cucumbers, but now there are piles of pumpkins, butternut squashes, and apples.  The corn is dry and crispy and every once in a while I see a combine in the fields and I avert my eyes, not wanting to see the neat rows of corn disappear.  The hay has long been harvested and now you see hay bales beginning to get smaller and smaller with each passing day.
The sun has already set and it's still dark when I wake up in the morning.

But, oh those afternoons. The sun shines brightly, hotly still. The leaves whip through the air, raining burgundy and yellow-orange. Dogs still stick their heads out of car windows, motorcyclists don't wear helmets, and students swarm around campus with their overly large backpacks and skinny jeans. 

A girl could get used to this.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment