Sunday, August 17, 2014

3.17 Bedtime - Dresser

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventeenth day of each month is "Bedtime."
****************************
We all have little areas in our homes that we know could use a little work.  I can't deal with the Rubbermaid bin that contains our winter gear and I don't even want to talk to you about the junk drawer in our kitchen.  But the dresser by my bed has been getting out of control more and more every night. As I went to put away my new earrings and necklace last night, I noticed that "putting things away" in the bedroom had come to mean "throw stuff on the dresser and hope for the best." 

So I spent some time in the bedroom this afternoon and I was pretty impressed with the outcome.


There are things that absolutely must stay on the dresser - cases for my glasses, three tubes of Chapstick, my journal, and lotion for when I wake up in the middle of the night scratching at my dermatitis - and those are the great unmovable objects.  A lot of the other things that were just clutter actually were put away where they belong, some things were thrown away (*gasp* - an empty box was put into the recycling bin), and many of the items just sitting on the dresser top were put inside that little blue bowl. That is the bowl where all the jewelry I wear on a daily basis actually belongs. Oh, and my Kindle (in the purple case on the corner) is absolutely essential.  Is there a place that a Kindle belongs except right next to me at all times?


Whew. I'm going to be able to sleep a lot better tonight without the fear of piles of my own possessions falling on my head.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment