Wednesday, July 02, 2014

2.2 Animals - This Spider

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the second day of each month is "Animals."
***************************

On a hike through the state forest, we came upon this guy. Whenever I see a spider, I’m instantly transported to the world of Charlotte’s Web and I can’t help but imagine that this spider wants to pass on important messages to us – messages that will make me feel quite guilty for eating that sausage gravy when I was in Nashville last week, I’m sure.  We live in the type of household that cheers on the cat for chasing bugs and scolds her for even thinking about moving her paw (let alone her deadly teeth!) towards a spider.  Spiders are the pest control of our lives and when we’re hiking through the woods and the mosquitoes are attacking, there’s something relieving about knowing that spiders like this are there to help protect us.  There’s also a little bit of a letdown when the spider webs don’t spell out messages to me, but I guess that’s just something I’m going to have to learn to deal with.

The sign for this called it "The Stone Elephant," but we decided it looked more like a whale.
***************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment