Thursday, May 15, 2014

Motivation


I have repeatedly read that if you exercise regularly, it will just become a daily part of your routine and you will just do it.  I have worked out regularly for years and I know that this generalization is not a universal truth.  I have to pump myself up for working out every single day.  It doesn't come easily.  Today, this was as far as I got.  I took out the weights, I put on my clothes, I switched my glasses for contacts, and then I played with my cat.  The weights are still sitting there on the floor and I know that in a matter of just a few minutes, I will pack them up, put them in the closet, eat some lunch, and take a shower, completely skipping the planned exercise for today.

And, really, I'm not going to beat myself up over this. I work out more days than I don't. I will go for a walk later this afternoon.  I have chased my cat all over this apartment, up and down the stairs a half a dozen times, and through each of the rooms dozens more.  I won't eat dessert tonight.  I will be fine and still maintain my fitness goals.

But tomorrow: it's game on.

No comments:

Post a Comment