Saturday, January 28, 2012

The Last Time

I rode in the passenger seat of the car today, all the way to the library and back.  The last time I sat in the front seat of a car was December 4.

He has been home for the last three days, unable to do more than croak out words due to some nasty sickness that has invaded his body.  The last time he called in sick was...never, that I can recall.

I had a dream that I was striding down the aisles of Target, bitching because I couldn't find what I was looking for.  The last time I was at Target was before Thanksgiving.

The doctor suggested I started putting more weight on my leg as he handed me some crutches.  The last time I used a walker instead of the crutches was over a week ago.

*****************

It's so easy to mark time this way right now.  The last time I did this. The last time I did that. 

*****************

Some guy came in to do some work on our apartment. He needed to be in the bedroom and office.  Our cat is not allowed in those rooms (something to do with her compulsively chewing electrical cords), so I scooped her up and carried her into the bathroom.  Sure, carrying her while maintaining my balance on the crutches was challenging, but I did it.  This is the first time I'd picked her up and carried her against her will in months.

The boy has not been feeling well.  He was down for the count one night and I went into the kitchen and somehow managed to put together a meal of sorts.  I have made some very simple meals for breakfast and lunch by myself, but this was the first time I had any impact on the evening meal in months.

*********************

I think it's all in how you phrase it.  I'm going to start thinking in first times instead of last times.













1 comment:

  1. Look at you go! This is all such fantastic news. Glad to hear you're finally starting to feel better and feel like your recovery is getting somewhere.

    ReplyDelete