Thursday, November 03, 2011

The Incident

It started innocently enough.  After I finished a workout, a workout that included much panting and sweating and dreaming of killing my cartoon trainer every time she gave the impossible order of giving it 110%, I went into the bedroom to strip off my clothes before my shower.  As I sat down on the bed to take off my shoes and socks, I realized that the mattress I was sitting on was wet.  Also wet - the pillows, the sheets, and the box spring.  Water was dripping down the inside of the window above our bed.  There was no explanation for the water since it wasn't raining.

Long story short, there was much cursing, moving of furniture, drying of same furniture, fans going nonstop, towels used to collect water, and a call to the management company where I was told "they'd get to it sometime this week" while water continued to stream into our bedroom.  At this point, I realize that the water smells bad and I am gagging as I am trying to clean the mess up.

When Dr. BB gets home, we wander downstairs to consult with our downstairs neighbor.  It goes something like this:

Us: Uh, is there water leaking out any of your windows facing X Road?
Him: Uh, no?
Us: Well, our window is leaking water, but it's not raining...
Him: Uh, well, I'll let you know if I see any water.

We knocked on the upstairs neighbor's door, only to find no one home. Dr. BB wrote a very kind note requesting information from them and slipped it under their door.  Half an hour later, a note is slipped under our door.  I would take a picture of it and post it here, but I'm just too lazy to hunt down the camera.  Turns out that Brandon and Tiffany*  from upstairs had a "problem with a filter," but they fixed it and the water is no longer leaking. 

We know that Brandon and Tiffany have a HUGE fish tank in their main room because we can see it through a window.  Turns out they must have another one in their bedroom because now our bedroom SMELLS LIKE A FUCKING FISH TANK.

Water continued to seep through the window for the next two days and have I mentioned that IT SMELLS LIKE A FISH TANK in our bedroom? 

Today I finally went to Target and shelled out $4 for some Febreze.  Now our bedroom smells like SPRING AND INSPIRE FEBREZE.  I am quite upset about this situation. 

Oh, and in case you're wondering, the maintenance man has not yet showed up. 

*Names are unchanged because I don't give a shit about protecting the innocent.

1 comment:

  1. Yuck! Fish water all over your stuff - gross! I would harass that manager until he sends someone over - that is ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete