Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Things I'm Loving

1) The song "What I'd Say" by Earl Thomas Conley. Whenever I have to drive somewhere, I just put this song on and keep listening to it over and over and over again. It's the "Undo It" of January and February.

2) The board game Pandemic. It's a cooperative that you can play with two people. We have played it approximately a million times (we used to go for walks around the lake in our free evenings, now it's too bloody cold to go outside, so we play this instead). It's never old and always fabulous. The idea is to save the world from outbreaks of various diseases. You work together to defeat the game. It took us three or four rounds of the game before we really understood how to strategize, but now we are addicted.


3) My new spectacles. You guys might not know this about me, but I have an incredibly small head and small features. Most eyeglasses completely overwhelm my face. Enter the company Bevel, with their awesome selection of eyewear. I hesitate to admit how much I paid for this pair of glasses, but they fit, are comfortable, and are awesome. My last pair was also Bevel and when I tried on glasses at my place, Specs Optical, the really cool lady helping me showed me approximately a dozen great frames, all of which fit and were my style, but in the end, I went with Bevel again because it is the company for me. Bevel did not pay me to say any of this, but if they'd like to, I would not turn them away!


4) Gilmore Girls season 3. What? You aren't watching Gilmore Girls on DVD when your husband leaves the house? For shame.

5) The book Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. I just can't read this book enough. It's so good. I think I've read it half a dozen times and I'm going to keep reading it until Owen somehow materializes into a real teenager in front of me.

2 comments:

  1. Super cute glasses!

    I NEED that Pandemic game. NEEEEEED. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to see your pretty face. :)

    ReplyDelete