TJC and I last went to a Garth Brooks concert in 2016. That's TEN YEARS AGO. It both does feel like ten years ago and like it was not. What even is time?
Here's a rundown on my weekend. I worked on Friday and left from the parking lot to head to Indianapolis. Note: I have never in my life seen "Debris on the road" pop up on my GPS until I got to Indiana. Items I saw on the road include a tarp, a bucket, a piece of lumber, and unidentified object I will assume was a box of nails, and a cushion from a couch or something. Bizarre. And sort of scary. Anyway, I roll into the hotel, greet TJC, do ten minutes of yoga, and go to bed.
Now, here's what you need to know about the dynamic duo of NGS and TJC. Neither one of has had done a damn bit of research about what we were going to do that weekend except get tickets and book a hotel. For those of you who plan trips, this is probably unfathomable. On Saturday morning I googled "what's happening in Indianapolis this weekend?" and you'll never believe it, but the State Fair was happening! Woot! There were BABY PIGS. I mean, it's definitely a distant third it state fairs I've been to, but I'll take what I can get.
![]() |
| All fair photos taken by TJC because I accidentally left my phone in the car. |
None of you are going to be surprised that I am an anxious person who made TJC leave the hotel at 5pm for an 8pm concert, are you? We figured out parking, almost hit some dude in a crosswalk (MY BAD!), and ate sushi before we got to the venue, purchased tshirts, and sat down with half an hour to spare. Here's what you need to know about TJC, though. She didn't complain about any of it. She didn't mind that we were there early. She didn't mind that I wanted to get the merch right away. She is the perfect concertgoing partner.
Here's the song list, if you care. Does anyone care? Probably just me in another ten years.
There was a video about his tribute to Queen in his Ireland concert. That was a fun way to start while they were waiting for folks who were running late to come in.
"Rodeo"
"Two of a Kind, Working on a Full House"
"Beaches of Cheyenne"
"Two Pina Coladas" - I was surprised by this one. I thought it was a deep cut, but everyone around me seemed to know it.
THEN!!! He played the opening verse and a chorus to "Lonesome Dove." !!!!!!
"The River" - blah
Some Bob Seger song - "Turn the Page," I think? I didn't know it and was bummed because what a waste of Garth Brooks time, right?
"Thunder Rolls"
"Unanswered Prayers" - 17,000 singing a song that was released 36 years ago. Amazing, really.
"If Tomorrow Never Comes"
"That Summer"
He gave away a guitar to some lady in the audience.
"Callin' Baton Rouge"
"Fever"
The backup singer sang "Shout"
"Shameless"
"Blame It All On My Roots" - Electric.
Some dude had a Randy Travis song, so he sang a Travis medley of "Digging Up Bones," "I Told You So," and "Three Wooden Crosses."
"She's Every Woman"
"Papa Loved Mama"
"Much Too Young to Feel this Damned Old"
"Standing Outside the Fire"
![]() |
| Best hat, piece I'd most like in my house, and cutest creature. |
.png)
.png)
.png)
i love that bob seger song! my college speech team played it ALL THE TIME
ReplyDelete