Monday, August 13, 2018

2018 CSA Week #10

This is the second week in a row I've been a bit disappointed in the basket. I hope it's not a trend. Beets
Kale
Dragon tongue beans
Tomatoes (x2)
Cucumber
Onions 
Big patty pan squash
Mint
Papicha
I found someone to take the beets and a bunch of onions, so at least those are gone.

We'll use the kale in a frittata and I've already eaten the tomatoes.  The cucumber was actually in rough shape - there was already a bit of mold on it, so I chopped it up right away and ate it for lunch.

I do not care for the dragon tongue beans. We have had them before and they must grow really well on our farm, but it's one of the few times I really have to tell myself that eating vegetables isn't always fun.  They turn green and taste kind of like green beans when you cook them, but I don't love green beans, either, so I'll take one for the team and eat these for lunch mostly drenched in ranch dressing.

You can't see it in this photo because the kale is on top of it, but that's the biggest patty pan squash I've ever seen. I'm not sure what we'll do with it, but probably just grill it for a side one night for dinner.

The mint smelled disgusting (I will eat a handful of mint things, but generally I find it to be overpowering) and the papicha we had a couple of weeks ago didn't go over well in our house, so those herbs are currently sitting in our crisper and I'm fully aware they'll end up in the compost heap before we get the next basket.

So, overall, I get some kale, two tomatoes, and a sort of suspect cucumber out of this. I will resentfully use the squash and beans.  Disappointing for a basket at the height of the summer season.

No comments:

Post a Comment