Friday, June 30, 2017

CSA Week #4: More Stuff!

Yes, I'm so far behind in vegetables right now that if you look in our fridge you'd think we were vegetarians. 

This week the basket was nice and small and I'm hoping that bodes well for using all of it.

Cucumber
Sweet peas
Rainbow chard
Scallions
Garlic scapes
Bok choy
Papalo

So I walked to the CSA pick-up location. According to Google maps, it's 0.9 miles away.  It was a nice walk on a cool, overcast day. I'm not sure how many times I'll be able to actually walk there because of my summer teaching schedule, but it was a fine time today.

I'll eat the cucumber and peas with lunch.  The scallions and scapes are both in addition to what we had last week that we didn't use and I have no clue what to do with them, but maybe I'll figure it out someday. We'll use the chard in an egg dish. I might cook up the bok choy with some of the scallions and scapes and call it a side dish at some point. Traditionally I've used the papalo in an iced tea and I'll probably do that again this year. 
But chances are pretty good I'm still going to have scapes, scallions, and bok choy in my fridge still when I got to get the CSA next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment