Friday, June 09, 2017

2017 CSA Week 1: The First Share!

We honestly don't have time to actually deal with our CSA goodies right now, but the growing season continues on regardless of my schedule, so here we are. We're actually going to be moving after the first couple of weeks, so our pickup location is changing, but let's not worry about that fact just yet.
This week brings us:
Oregano
Green kale
Green garlic
Pea shoots
Lettuce
Radishes/turnips (we got a bunch that is a mix of the two)
Spinach
It's greens all around. I will...honestly I have no idea what I'm going to do with any of this. Dr. BB will use the pea shoots and lettuce on sandwiches for lunch, more lettuce will be eaten with burgers were having for dinner, I'll eat the radishes/turnips for a snack, and the kale will inevitably get used in an egg dish of some sort. The oregano and spinach may be made into a pesto, but honestly oregano is kind of gross, so maybe not. The green garlic is super, super useful to have around, but it keeps for a while so maybe we'll use it later this month.  
Honestly, using all the CSA stuff has been a high priority of mine in the past, but this year I'm just a teeny tiny bit upset that we started a week earlier than last year, which means that I'm a bit preoccupied right now and won't be able to take advantage of the early baskets and in the fall we'll stop getting delicious squash and sweet potatoes a week earlier. But whatever. CSA season is here and I'm going to up my vegetable side game.

No comments:

Post a Comment