Monday, August 15, 2016

With Malice by Eileen Cook

With Malice by Eileen Cook is a young adult novel that I picked up from the library based solely on the display of "librarians' picks." It just pleased me that the sign used a correct apostrophe and that the entire array of books was YA offerings I'd never heard of.
Anyway, this book was interesting. Our protagonist wakes up in a hospital after an accident with no memory of the accident that put her there for several weeks (months?) beforehand. We attempt to piece together the timeline from her maybe unreliable flashes of memory, Facebook status updates, news articles, police interviews, and assorted other pieces of evidence. I thought the book was a fast-paced, fun read and I loved the ending.  I mean, I guess this isn't great literature, but if this is what young adult novels look like these days, I need to start haunting the YA new releases shelf at the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment