Thursday, July 21, 2016

2016 CSA Week 6: Slawing It Up

This week we get:
Dill
Fennel (4 bulbs)
Cabbage
Fresh onions
Radishes
Green beans
Lettuce
Cherry tomatoes
Heirloom tomato
Cucumbers (3)


I am almost ready to cry uncle at this point in the CSA game.  I'm never home on the weekends and I just don't have time to deal with it, but here goes.

I'll make a slaw to eat for lunch with the cabbage, some of the fennel, some of the radish, and some of the dill.

I'll eat the rest of the radishes and the tomatoes raw.

Dr. BB eats the green beans pretty well, so he can have those for lunches and days he is home for dinner and I'm not. I can eat the rest raw.

I think I'm going to try to pickle the cukes with the dill, but I really need to figure out how to do that, so if you have an easy pickling recipe, let me know.

Who the fuck knows what will happen with the onions. I'll probably give them away to anyone who walks into my house.

I still have zucchini from last week that I'm going to turn into zucchini bread as soon as I finish this entry.

ARGH!!

Updated to add:
This only used one of those giant zucchinis from last week. I'm doomed.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7/26/2016

    I often feel enthusiastic about the idea of a CSA, but I think I would have such a hard time making use of all the veggies! My mom's CSA provides recipes for some of the more... unusual ingredients. Does yours?

    ReplyDelete