Thursday, July 07, 2016

2016 CSA Week 4: Let's Do This

This week we got:
Radishes
Lettuce
Cabbage
Kohlrabi
Garlic scapes
Salad turnips
Papalo
Scallions
Zucchini (3)


So I'm going to be out of town for most of this week, which leaves me with relatively limited control of what's going to happen with this basket. Here's the tentative plan.
  • I will make a slaw (I described it here) with the cabbage and some of the kohlrabi and garlic scapes.
  • I will eat the rest of the kohlrabi, radishes, and turnips raw. If I don't finish them before I leave for my trip, I will take them with me.
  • I'm going to use the papalo to make some iced tea.
  • The lettuce is all Dr. BB. I ate salads last week with the bounty of lettuce, so I'm out this week.
  • Dr. BB likes to grill the zucchini for dinner sides. He'll probably do that while I'm out of town. If there's any left when I get home, I'll make some zucchini bread.
  • As for the scallions and garlic scapes, we'll just keep chipping away at them. Using these aliums is quite tough for us, but we'll do our best!

No comments:

Post a Comment