Part I and Part II of the saga of the quilt.
I went to my quilting class on Tuesday night without a clear expectation of what exactly was next since I had quilted the top, batting, and back together. It turns out that I had to cut the binding pieces, piece it, and then put the binding on the quilt to finish it. I did not finish in class, but rather I finished it in a frenzy of obscenities and cat frightening seam ripping on Friday afternoon.
$45 for the cost of the class at my local quilting shop
$13.88 for the piecing foot
$59.10 for the fabric on the front of the quilt and a spool of thread
$7.97 for an additional spool of thread
$59.15 for the fabric I used on the back and on the binding and the batting
$11.95 for safety pins and one more spool of thread
$25.08 for the even feed foot
If I take out the cost of the class (as if I ever would have done this on my own! ha!) and the cost of the feet, which I will presumably not have to purchase again, it's $138.17.
And hours and hours and hours of frustration and annoyance. I'd estimate it was about 40 hours, maybe off a couple of hours on either side.
I'm not sure quilting is the hobby for me, but I'm glad I did it and took out some of the mystery involved.