Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Day In My Life

Because SOMEONE told me that I was slacking on my blog entries, here you go. This was yesterday because I'm still living today.

5:30am - The alarm goes off. Dr. BB has a doctor's appointment at 7. I roll over and go back to sleep.
6:30am - Dr. BB gives me a kiss goodbye.
7:30am - My alarm goes off. I roll out of bed, wander to the kitchen, say good morning to Zelda, slam a glass of water, and head to the bathroom where I shower.
7:45am - Get out of shower, go to bedroom, and get dressed.
7:45am - 8:20am - Make and eat breakfast.  Yogurt (the 100-calorie coconut Yoplait Greek) with homemade granola, blueberries and grapes, and green tea (Celestial Seasonings Honey Lemon Ginseng).  At some point Dr. BB comes home. Doctor's appointment has gone well.  Feed cat.
8:20am - 8:30am - Blow dry my hair.
8:30am - 8:45am - Brush teeth and put on makeup and jewelry.
8:45am - 9:00am - Pack lunch and school bag.
9:00am - 9:10am - Drive to school with Dr. BB.
9:10am - 10:50am - Prepare lecture and grade. Respond to the endless emails.
11:00am - 12:15pm - Teach.  (Well, actually, I walked around the room while they worked in small groups, but damn it, I was in charge.)
12:15pm - 1:10pm - Each lunch while grading at my desk. A big bowl of cucumbers, carrots, and tomatoes and a 100-calorie guacamole pack with 15 pretzels.
1:10pm - 1:50pm - Walk. We had a high of ten degrees today. It was cold.
1:50pm - 2:15pm - Back to my office where I just goofed off on the internet, reading about Cam Newton and the Sanders/Clinton debate.
2:15pm - 2:30pm - Drive home with Dr. BB.
2:30pm - 2:50pm - Just sit on the couch with the kitty reading my library book for a few minutes.
2:50pm - 3:00pm - Pack up for the rest of the day. Put sewing stuff and dinner in the car.
3:00pm - 3:10pm - Drive back to campus.
3:10pm - 3:25pm - Walk to the student union; treat myself to some frozen yogurt BECAUSE I CAN.
3:30pm - 4:40pm - Listen to a lecture on tribal sovereignty. I was riveted; I'm pretty sure the students were not.
4:40 - 4:50pm - Drive to quilt shop.
5:00pm - 8:00pm - Quilting class. Me and some old ladies working on quilts.  I stop for a break at about 6:30 to eat my dinner.  Lemon broccoli frittata and a granola bar.  The piecing of my quilt is finished, now I just need to, you know, put the front, back, and batting together and quilt the damn thing.
I had four of these and sewed them all together. And then pressed and pressed and pressed. Now I'm going to make a quilt.
8:00pm - 8:10pm - Drive home.
8:11pm - Change into cozy clothes.
8:20pm - 9:00pm - Watch Family Feud.
9:00pm - 9:10pm - Feed cat. Take out her litter. Brush her teeth.
9:10pm - 9:30pm - Brush my teeth. Take off my makeup and wash my face. Take allergy medicines.
9:30pm - 9:40pm - Chase the cat around in an attempt to brush her. She hates being brushed so that didn't go well. Play ball with her for a minute or two.
9:40pm - 9:50pm - Dawdle on my way to bed. Do last minute night things - fill humidifier, start dishwasher, put Zelda's brown ball on the rope thing, and make sure there's nothing left out that Zelda can destroy.
9:50pm - ??? - Read in bed on my Kindle. I'm currently reading the new JD Robb book and OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.  It's the best one in ages and I'll write more about it later, but it's so good and I'm staying up too late reading it.

And then it's lights out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template: Blog Designs by Sheila