Friday, December 04, 2015

Five Experience Gifts

I am pretty much at my limit of stuff in our house, so when people ask me what I want as a gift, it's hard to name a tangible THING.  But I feel like it's hard to go wrong with an experiential gift.  Here are some ideas.

1. Concert tickets - I sent Dr. BB a list of three concerts happening in eastern Wisconsin in the next few months that I would love to go to. It would be even better if he would come with me!

2. A class - I also sent Dr. BB a list of two or three classes I would like to take. One of these classes is at our local community college through its continuing education program and a couple are from local businesses that offer classes (sewing classes, in my case, but think about cooking classes, skiing lessons, horseback riding classes, shooting classes - the list is pretty endless).

3. Fun outdoor activity - We went ziplining last year and it was great fun. But what about things like camping, skydiving, or snowshoeing?  I think if you have someone who has lots of stuff but likes to do things with you and is kind of into physical activities, this is a great option.
4. A weekend at a bed and breakfast - I really should have put this on our list. One year we went to Duluth, Minnesota and stayed at a B&B for a weekend in February. It was so nice to have something to look forward to during the doldrums of winter, after the excitement of the holidays is over.

5. Membership to a botanical garden or museum - I would love it if someone gave me a gift to the local botanical garden. I would go there and read in the greenhouse in the winter All. The. Time. I really suffer when it's cold and a warm, humid place in mid-March would not go awry in my world.

No comments:

Post a Comment