It was a box full of delicious greens:
Green Curly Kale
|Salad turnips, kale, and broccoli raab. There WERE more turnips, but I ate them.|
- Saute the green garlic with spinach. Add some balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese and that's a solid lunch side. I also have been known to add a turnip to mix.
- Do a similar thing with the turnip greens for a lunch side.
- Pea shoots go on Dr. BB's sandwiches at lunchtime. He loves them.
- We're going to replace the mushroom with kale in our polenta lasagna recipe (we use a Rachel Ray recipe). We've never done it before, but I think the recipe is solid enough that even if the kale is kind of gross, we can pick around it.
- The broccoli raab is a bit of a wild card, but our farmers recommended this recipe, so I think we're going to try that for a dinner side some night.
- The oregano is a big question mark. We have never done well with incorporating the herbs and spices from our CSA box and I think it's probably going to be a problem this year, too. It's not enough for pesto, but it's enough that will overwhelm a lot of dishes with its flavor. What would you do with this much oregano?