Tuesday, May 19, 2015

12.19 My Best Friend - Be Aware of Snorting!

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
The area of my house that is always messy and I just can't control is the area around my desk in our home office. At one point, I valiantly tried to institute a clean desk policy for myself whenever I was leaving my desk, but I ended up just making piles on the floor so my desk top would technically be cleaned off, but that was not actually helping to organize things. 

Eventually I learned that the thing is that I want to be surrounded by personal things that make me happy when I'm working. At my school office, I really do force myself to clean my desk off at the end of the day, but I also have more space to spread out photos and notes and happy making figurines.

So I gave myself extra room by hanging up some ribbon right over desk and putting happy-making and reminder-making materials. Most of these things involve my friends and Bestest Friend, in particular, comes up a lot because she sends me lots of goofy things through the mail. Sometimes when I'm struggling with the work on my computer screen, I look at the "Be Aware of Snorting!" sign and just laugh and laugh and laugh.
It's also where I put things that cannot get lost. I'm going to a Lighthouse Cruise with my mom and sister in July (don't worry! - I promise to post pictures even if I'm not posting a picture every day) and I have the tickets posted there.

But when people come to visit, we make sure the door to this room is shut because it's never clean.  Bestest Friend would never have a place like that!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. He was snorting today. He stopped for like TWO YEARS.
    Do you think he saw this post and it reminded him?

    ReplyDelete