Sunday, May 17, 2015

12.17 Bedtime - How To Tick Off Your Cat

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventeenth day of each month is "Bedtime."
****************************
Our bedtime routine involves many cat-centered activities, including brushing her, getting her fresh water, taking out her litter, and then shutting the door to our bedroom knowing she's going to cry for ten minutes.

She can't be in our bedroom because I'm pretty allergic. It's pretty well under control with a couple of allergy medicines I take year-round, but if her dander was in the bedroom, I'm pretty sure "under control" would not be something I could casually pass around. She's never, not for one night, ever, been allowed to sleep with either of us in the bedroom. Occasionally I'll take a nap on the couch with her sitting on me, but she's never been in the bedroom.

And yet she yowls every night to let us know how displeased she is with the situation of her in a different room from us.
And every night we also kick her out of our office because she can't be trusted with electrical cords, especially nice expensive Apple cords.

And every night she gives me this look: 
just to show how pissed she is that I'm going to remove her from her favorite watching the world window.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment