Friday, May 01, 2015

12.1 Detour - Shades

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
At the dentist* this morning, the hygienist told me I could put my stuff down on the counter and as I set down my sunglasses, one of the temples just fell off. Okay, fine. I've re-screwed that hinge about a million times, so I ignored it. But then when I went to pick up the sunglasses one of the lenses popped out, fell on the floor, and got a giant scratch right down the middle.

I bought those sunglasses for $15 at Target several years ago, so I just threw them out on the way out of the dentist office.

But then I had to walk over to the Walgreen's across the street to make a new purchase of sunglasses**.  And now I have a new $15 pair I can work on destroying. 

*A few weeks ago I chipped one of my bottom teeth and it was driving me crazy (cutting my tongue, mostly), but I waited until my cleaning earlier this week to actually talk to a dental professional. Then my dentist laughed and told me that it would need a filling and that I should probably have brought it to his attention earlier. That brings the fillings in mouth to a grand total of two. 

**I cannot remember the last time I was outside during the day when I didn't wear sunglasses. Even when it's raining or snowing my precious snowflake eyes can't take the glare.  So going without sunglasses until I returned home today was not really an option.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment