Sunday, April 19, 2015

11.19 My Best Friend - A Walk

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
Enter the World of NGS.  I'm walking down a street and every single thing I pass reminds me of Bestest Friend.

My best friend does it all as far as I can tell - she has a kid, works a full-time job outside of the home, has pets to take care of - and she does it all by herself without a partner.  Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by my life and I have none of those things - no kid, not full-time job, one pet - and I don't know what how she does it. So when I pass this sign, I laugh and think of Bestest Friend doing all of this all the time.
Also, she's kind of dirty, right? So when I see this boobs and butts graffiti, I immediately think of about ten off-color jokes she would tell.  I actually sort of imagined she would take a marker and go add to the art, but then I remember how upset she got at me when I was painting with nail polish on a a wooden beam when we were in Nashville last summer and I realize that she would NOT actually vandalize. (I, however, totally would.)
And let's discuss this building. It's like something a strange Dr. Seussian architect would design with EVERY SHAPE ever - there are rectangles, circles, scalene, isosceles, AND right triangles, parallelograms, and three different shades of beige.  As I passed it, I giggled to myself thinking that it looks exactly like something Bestest Friend would doodle in one of those boring in-service presentations.
Oh, and this Trader Todd's place?  We are totally going there to karaoke the next time we're in Chicago.
And that, my friends, is my world. It's not actually about ME as it is about how I can make her laugh.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment