Saturday, March 07, 2015

10.7 Do - Sewing Caddy

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventh day of each month is "Do."
****************************
I told myself I was going to do a sewing project every month and I did one in January, but I thought this sewing caddy was going to be a quick afternoon project and it ended up actually taking me four afternoons, so I just finished it, technically in March.  It's another project from the One-Yard Wonders book and I think I'm going to do one more project out of that book before I move on to actually buying a pattern and working on a dress for myself.

There are a lot of things I would change about this, but mostly I would buy different closures, lower the top pocket an inch, and lower the spool holder (and straighten it - I swear I pinned it on straight, but something happened in the sewing process that made it slant slightly). Also, I would invest in some better quality fabric. I honestly just chose the cheapest Made in America fabric in the clearance bin at JoAnn Fabric and it was fraying and every time I would have to rip out a stitch (this happens a lot to me), the holes left by the needles were obvious.   And, if that weren't enough, I would not accidentally nick myself with the seam ripper, causing my finger to bleed all over the fabric. It was a mess. I'm hoping OxyClean can get the blood out.
I think next weekend I'm going to make a grocery bag holder and then it will live in our closet to keep bags for the kitty litter.  And then I'm going to try a little present for a brand new baby the weekend after that. SPRING BREAK is coming!!
I have cleverly hidden the bloodstain from you. Blood, sweat, and tears - that's what learning a new skill is all about, I guess.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment