Friday, March 06, 2015

10.6 Sky - Giant

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the sixth day of each month is "Sky."
****************************
OH MY GOD THERE WERE MORE CHORES TODAY. I need a personal assistant to do this shit, people. After I worked for several hours this morning, I had to drive to Still-A-Small-Town-But-Bigger-Than-Nowhere to get an oil change and pick up my husband's guitar from the repair shop. (And then I came home and sat with the cat on my lap for two hours while I graded, but who's keeping score of how many hours I work for my $3000 a class each semester? Oh, okay. Fuck you, Scott Walker.)

Where was I?

Oh. Yeah. So we picked up the guitar. It's fucking cold again today and the meteorologists LIED ABOUT IT WARMING UP.  It's supposed to get out of the single digits and into the 40s by Monday, but I'm not counting on it*.
And then we had to drive back home. As I was checking in with Dr. BB to make sure I was going in the correct direction, he said, "and then you turn left at the giant cross."

The interesting thing about this cross is that there are benches all around it. I'm imaging some pagan scene over Easter weekend in which goats are sacrificed and clothes come off.  Also, it's seriously huge.
 I promise to not write about life chores again for at least a month.

*Yes, yes, I am counting on it. If it stays this cold for much longer, you'll find me huddled under a fleece blanket in our bathroom, rocking back and forth, and refusing liquids or food. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment