Wednesday, March 04, 2015

10.4 Place - The Car

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
Seventeen. That's the number of hours I spent in our car LAST WEEK alone. I loaded up my iPod with over one hundred podcasts last Thursday and I've already listened to thirty of them. At this rate, I'm going to need more podcast recommendations.

Speaking of podcasts, let's talk. I've mentioned most of my favorites before, so see here and here if you're interested, but I've added just a few more.

Ask Me Another - This is a quiz show published by NPR. Yes, they have ANOTHER quiz show and yes, I love this one best. I like Wait...Wait, but I don't love it and I started fast forwarding through it when it would come on, but I squeal in joy when AMA comes on, so there you have it.  There's music, but not too much. There are special guests, but they aren't on every single segment. There's news, but it's much more about word games and popular culture. Just listen. I promise you'll like it.

Criminal - Confession time: I only heard about this podcast because I was frantically googling for things to replace the Serial hole in my heart. Nothing will replace Serial, of course, but this does an okay job. The episodes are sort of hit and miss (episode 5 is one of the most interesting things I've listend to in months, but episode 4 made me want to hit my head against something), but now that it's being funded through Radiotopia, I think the consistency will be better.

The Adventure Zone - Confession #2: I have never played Dungeons and Dragons, but I aspire to nerdiness.  This podcast follows a D&D game played by three brothers and their father. One of the brothers is a co-host of Sawbones, one of my absolute favorite podcasts which is how I got turned on to this particular podcast in the first place. It seems like absolutely something that would be absolutely unappealing to me, but the dungeonmaster is an amazing creative artist and everyone (with the exception of the father) is clever and witty and I love this damn show. There are only five one-hour episodes so far, but I hope they keep making them forever and ever. As someone who has never played D&D, I can follow this and, more importantly, enjoy it.
You can't really tell, but I swear I was in park!! Safety first!
Any suggestions for new podcasts for me? I'm always on the lookout!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment