Tuesday, March 03, 2015

10.3 Think - Gaming It

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the third day of each month is "Think."
****************************
It's not that I spend every day thinking about it. I can compartmentalize. I can distract myself by streaming episodes of Gilmore Girls (now available on Netflix, yo).  I can focus my worry on bigger issues, like population density, the shortage of chocolate in the world, and whether or not my cat will eventually break her leg jumping down from her new cat tree.  I can fuss about global politics, laugh at John Oliver skits, and watch YouTube videos of goats befriending dogs.

I can listen to music, podcasts, or the local radio. I can think about how many hours I've logged in front of classrooms.  I can count my teeth over and over again. I can read trashy romance novel after trashy romance novel. 
Random arcade game found in rest areas on tollways in Illinois. 
But honestly I just cannot stop thinking that this is the Mystery Machine even though I know damn well it's not. I will hum the Scooby Doo theme song, I will make strange Great Dane sounds under my breath, and I will constantly have to remind myself that these are the wrong colors entirely.

I hope I get a new obsession soon.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment