Friday, March 13, 2015

10.13 Happy - Long Shadows Mean the Sun is High in the Sky

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the thirteenth day of each month is "Happy."
****************************
Dr. BB was Facetiming with our three-year old nephew. "Uncle BB, I have a virus," he wailed despondently. Poor tyke has a cold and he wants everyone to know it.  I, too, have a virus, but I can't let it get me down when the sun is shining, the first blackbirds and robins are out, and I don't have to wear a coat when I leave the house.

The last was probably not a good idea because forty-eight degrees is still jacket weather, but I was taken in by all the hearty Midwesterners wearing t-shirts and shorts. I am not so much with the hearty, I guess. (Also, the coughing, wheezing, and eye watering are pretty much a sign of my unbelievable weakness.)
This was not the first red-winged blackbird we saw this year, but it's the first one who didn't fly away in abject terror of my presence. By the end of the summer, these guys will be diving at us to get away from their babies, but right now they're still pretty skittish.
 And the ice is melting off the lake!!!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. I thought long shadows meant the sun was low in the sky?

    ReplyDelete