Thursday, March 12, 2015

10.12 Dream - Big, Bold

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twelfth day of each month is "Dream."
****************************
I'm not always tactful. I say what needs to be said when no one else will. I abhor the kind of backtalk that says one thing but means another. When I say "it's okay," I mean that it's okay, not that I'm going to talk about you behind your back. I understand the need for diplomacy at times ("your baby is precious/sweet/smells good" is sometimes appropriate when an infant is not indeed adorable/cute), but I am at the end of my diplomacy limit this semester.

Here's what I really want to say.

This is not a fucking argument. It's you complaining about how hard the reading is instead of writing a critique of it. I actually really like this reading and if you had just come to talk to me about it before the due date (say at my office hours that absolutely no one ever comes to), we could probably have come up with something intelligent for you to say.

I'm sorry you thought my feedback was harsh. You didn't follow the fucking directions and I had to give you a failing grade and I had to explain where every single point was coming off.  If you want me to be more sensitive to your feelings next time, read the directions.
Oh, and also?  If you really want to know what you could do to improve your grade, it would to send me an email without five misspelled words, including my own name.

One more week until Spring Break. I hope I can make it without cracking up on someone.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it ironic that the worst papers take the most time to grade: more comments about what went wrong, more agonizing over the difference between a C- and D+ etc.

    ReplyDelete