Wednesday, March 11, 2015

10.11 The Great Outdoors - Neighborhood Cow

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
This farm has refused to sell to the companies that are building boring boxes in the neighborhood surrounding it. It has goats, a llama, chickens, and this cow.  In my self-appointed job as Cow Paparazzi, I hiked through deep snow in an empty field and an empty lot to get up as close to the fence as I could. The cow just stared at my impassively and I tried not to wonder too hard about why the No Trespassing sign was so large.

Forget robins. Forget April showers. Forget Arctura. My harbinger of spring is the cow. I haven't seen him since November, but last Sunday I saw him for the first time and this is my best picture of him ever.
In another week, there won't be any snow left on the ground and the ice on the ponds and lakes will have melted.
But as far as I'm concerned, spring has already sprung.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment: