Friday, February 20, 2015

9.20 Lessons - Be Prepared

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twentieth day of each month is "Lessons."
****************************
I am not always prepared for everything. I recently ran out of the cat's favorite treats before we went out of town and she had to rely on only kibble for the long weekend. I'm sure if she knew how to push buttons she would have called the ASPCA on us for such meanness.  We just opened up the fridge and realized that the person to use the last of the butter (NOT ME) failed to put it on the grocery list, so now we're sans butter until we go to the store on Monday. What I'm telling you is that I am not exactly a detail person.

But I'm going to give myself a pat on the back because last Wednesday there were five boxes of tissues in our linen closet and today there is only one. This is what happens when a cold runs through the Dr. BB/NGS/Meow CrazyFace household.  
Yesterday I managed to wake up, read for a couple of hours, and then go back to bed for two hours before I stumbled out of bed, did some grading, and then went back to bed by 7:30pm. But, damn it, we never once ran out of tissues, tea, or honey. I'm going to call this cold defeated.
*****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment