Wednesday, January 07, 2015

8.7 Do - Cuddle

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the seventh day of each month is "Do."
****************************
She's just a cat, but a very cat-like cat. Her days cycle sleep, play, eat, groom, and back to sleep.  Her play rotates among a variety of activities - throwing her mouse up and down like she just don't care, running around chasing after what can only be the ghost of apartment 118, playing tag with her humans, dedicating hours of her life to getting her favorite toy out of the closet, chewing electrical cords, and general destruction of mildly important human artifacts.

She is not impressed with humans, except for when she knows they are in a room with a closed door.  She takes this as a signal to stand outside the door, scratch at it, and yowl. As you can imagine, this makes for an interesting soundtrack to bedtime.

She likes dens - her tunnel and her carrier are her favorite places.  She likes to scratch at window and doors screens. She likes to play with her water dish and splash water everywhere. She likes to sniff everything that comes into the house, from boxes to grocery bags to your shoes. She likes to sit next to the boy when he plays his guitar. She likes to sit in between the shower curtain and liner to watch you shower, the little creeper.

She doesn't like to be brushed. She doesn't like when the people sing or dance. She doesn't like it when her two humans are in separate rooms (BUT WHERE SHOULD ZELDA BE TO SEE BOTH OF YOU?). She doesn't like this awesome toy ball that makes meowing noises. She doesn't like to acknowledge humans when they come home, although she jumps up and paces at the top of the stairs when she hears the car pull in the garage.
She's not an asshole anymore. Abby seriously talked me down from the ledge (in this post) because I was convinced I had changed an adorable kitten into the evilest of creatures, but it turns out that eight months to three years old is prime ASSHOLE CAT age and now that's she's older, she's much more laid back.  She is indifferent to us 85% of the time, but the other 15%, she's either marking or legs or happily cuddling with us.

She's just a cat. She has no unique characteristics.  But she's MY cat and that's what makes her smartest, prettiest, smushiest, fuzziest, everythingest cat who ever catted. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Template: Blog Designs by Sheila