Monday, January 05, 2015

8.5 Fun - Game Day

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fifth day of each month is "Fun."
****************************
She's now a bitchy twenty-two year old who I shy away from at family events, but once upon a time, she was an adorable five year old.  My uncle had gotten remarried and there was a dreaded gap between the ceremony and reception, so we all trooped back to the hotel for a rousing game of UNO.

She sat on my lap and we worked together to figure out what cards to play next.  At long last, she had cried UNO and the only card left was a yellow 2.

My father, teasing, said, "it's yellow, don't give them yellow" and she so sweetly said, "how did you know?" and from there on out it was all about how my father had managed to cheat a kindergartner. 

Sometimes I remember this scene and it makes me love both my father and cousin a little more.
Today was originally scheduled as a travel day, but we aborted our planned Michigan trip and came home early because of weather. So today we vacuumed, worked out, grocery shopped, took down holiday decorations, and then looked at each other in puzzlement. What to do with the rest of the day?  UNO with two people is a completely different animal.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment