Sunday, January 04, 2015

8.4 Place - Couch

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
Awful weather, a lingering cold, one too many late nights, and so I spent most of today on the couch. I attempted to read The Paying Guests (I read 200 pages before I gave up because OH MY GOD NOTHING HAPPENED) and in the end, I gave in to the temptation of the Lions playing in a Wild Card game and turned it on just to see them blow a 14-point lead and end up losing to the fucking Dallas Cowboys.

But in the meantime, I had my husband, a mug of tea, a fleece blanket, and a kitty with me on the couch. What else could a girl ask for?
Well, of course, I guess I could ask for NFL officials who aren't in the pocket of Jerry Jones, but all in all it was a nice afternoon.  I vow that starting tomorrow I'll do actual work instead of letting this entire school break pass in a series of naps and bad novels.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment