Sunday, January 11, 2015

8.11 The Great Outdoors - Intersection

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the eleventh day of each month is "The Great Outdoors."
****************************
I watched him crossing the street, doing the half-run/half-walk that comes with freezing temperatures and slick streets. He was very Sherlock Holmes, with a long double-breasted coat, a simple scarf, and a herringbone deerstalker hat.  He was in way more of a hurry than I was, crossing on the blinking red, and I could hear his end of a cell phone conversation that led me to believe he was late picking someone up.
I continued my careful way, picking through the slush and the ice, not nearly as rushed as he was and quietly wished him a safe journey to his destination, one fellow 221B Baker Street fan to another.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment