Thursday, January 01, 2015

8.1 Detour - Stealth

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the first day of each month is "Detour."
****************************
"Can you please drop me off at Target when you go to the grocery store?"
I don't need anything, really. I will pick up the furnace filter and some light bulbs,  I will poke around for a birthday card for my niece, and I will gaze at the holiday items that are 70% off, but really what I want to do is scurry out of any aisle someone else enters, enjoying the too harsh lights, the hushed sounds, Christmas music no more, idly speculating on the whereabouts of a closet where all the towels are folded just so, wandering through the automotive aisle and wondering how it is that I've gotten through three and a half decades without learning what all these things are for.

I'm not here for anything, really. I'm just here to see if anyone notices.

And then my phone buzzes and he is here to pick me up. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment