Thursday, December 04, 2014

7.4 Place - Nowhere, Wisconsin

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the fourth day of each month is "Place."
****************************
Today was just another regular day. We had our Thursday morning lie-in, I frantically pulled some cookie dough out of the freezer and baked some cookies for a department event I can't even attend that's happening this evening while I emptied the dishwasher and poured yogurt and granola into a bowl for breakfast. I spent hours sending emails and grading, a bit of time watching students do presentations, and then, just as I was about to come home to relax with my cat on the couch for an hour, I realized that my husband had the keys to the car.

So I stayed at work, writing assignments and making myself useful until the boy came back and handed me the keys.

And this is what I passed on my way home. This is the most sun we've had in days, the lake isn't quite frozen over yet, and those birds were pissed at me when I tried to sneakily move closer to them on the bank of the lake.
Now a quick ten minute cuddle with my kitty before I'm off to teach another class tonight. 

Christmas song of the day: Winter Wonderland
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment