Friday, December 19, 2014

7.19 My Best Friend - Boxes and Boxes

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the nineteenth day of each month is "My Best Friend."
****************************
My husband doesn't complain, ever, even though he is in some sort of discomfort about all the time. The fact that he is uncomfortable to some degree at every moment in the day is something I just recently learned about him (and we've been married for over six years) because he never says anything about how much he's hurting.  Anyway, so when he took to bed yesterday afternoon and by dinnertime was outright moaning when he took a step, I knew it was SOMETHING BAD.

And it was bad, although not the worst thing in the world and he'll be fine, but the six hours we spent in the emergency room last night taught me a few things. 1) I was right to pack a cooler of food for myself to bring along. 2) I would much rather be the person in the hospital bed than the person who is pacing outside the room. 3) The old man who kept reassuring the old woman that she did, in fact, know who he was, and that she shouldn't worry about the dog because he had already taken him for a walk, is a true hero. He must have repeated himself about a million times and each time he was so patient and loving and oh, I am not like that man at all, but I want to be.

Oh, and 4) there's no one else I even consider calling or texting when I'm alone and kind of scared than my Bestest Friend. She was properly concerned, but made me laugh and distracted me, too.  I don't know what I would do without her and I hope she knows that.
This is my Christmas box from Bestest Friend. It's now under our tree and I can't wait to open it!!!
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment