Saturday, November 29, 2014

6.29 Music - Wagon Wheel

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-ninth day of each month is "Music."
****************************
He's two and a half and loves music more than any of  the rest of them.  Usually when I ask the preschoolers what they like to do best, they tell me they like to color, play ninja, soccer, or princess, cook with mommy and daddy, or dance.  This guy likes to sing and "play drums."  When he's playing by himself, he's usually humming or singing. "5 Little Pumpkins" and the ABC's are his favorites, but Uncle BB almost blew his toddler mind by singing "Twinkle Twinkle" while he sang the ABC's - they're the same song! Mind blowing for a little kid.
Oh, and did I mention the dancing?  His daddy put on "Excursion Around the Bay" and  his enthusiastic hey at the end of every chorus had us all in giggles. But when "Wagon Wheel" came on, all bets were off. Aunt NGS was skipping around the kitchen and the little guy spun around in circles, chasing me and singing the words. At the end we jumped up and down together holding hands and spun around and around and around.

I know he won't remember this.  But I sure hope I never forget it.
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

1 comment:

  1. "Mind blowing for a little kid...." I just realized they were the same song, like, six months ago.

    ReplyDelete