Wednesday, November 26, 2014

6.26 Support - Home for the Holiday

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will  post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-sixth day of each month is "Support."
****************************
As much as I have come to perpetually dread Thanksgiving, I remember a time in my life when I got to enjoy the holiday, when I got to go home to my own family, when I got to relax in bed on Thursday morning with a book, and when nothing was more important than watching the Lions win a football game.

But we had classes today. And when my students plaintively emailed me, I caved. I watched a video in class, put the link up on the course web page, and gave extra credit to the 20% of the class who showed up.  But you know what?  I am glad I gave those students an option to go home early.
Plus, it was absolutely miserable outside this morning. No wonder the students didn't want to come to class. The sky was foggy and grey, the roads were a black ice nightmare, and it was single digit degree cold.
But the trees were so pretty. I could barely take my eyes off of them and I had Dr. BB drop me off a couple of blocks away from our office so I could take quick snapshots with my camera phone.
I will be packing, driving, or smiling politely for the rest of the day, so here's to the official beginning of the holiday season. I hope you're ready for it.
 ****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment