Monday, November 24, 2014

6.24 Pain - First Snowstorm

Bestest Friend and I are in the middle of a blog project. Each day of the month we will post a picture on a pre-determined theme and write a little something about it. The theme for the twenty-fourth day of each month is "Pain."
****************************
This is what it looked like when I was walking to class today.  It doesn't actually capture the full wind blowing craziness.  Or the layer of ice right under the snow.  Or the piles of snow randomly in the walking path, put there by Bobcats clearing snow in the parking lot. 
My five minute commute to school took fifteen minutes today. My Yaktrax came out of the closet.  Attendance at class hovered around 50%.  Snow combined with the week of a holiday means campus is a ghost town and those who are left are in full complain mode.

In recent years, I've grown to resent the Thanksgiving holiday and all the stress that it brings with it and today. Well, today did not help me love it any more. 
****************************
To see what Bestest Friend wrote about the theme of the day, check out her blog, Too Legit to Quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment